Saturday, May 22, 2010

Landscapin'

. Saturday, May 22, 2010 .

I have a lot to say about landscaping, mostly not informative, but a lot nonetheless...

First, we started off by heading to our favorite home improvement store (read: coupon in hand) Lowe's on Friday evening.  We needed more trees and such to beautify our barren yard.  The youngest BLT's were along for the shopping adventure.  Of course, the 3 yr old has no interest in staying in the cart and therefore neither does her little, very active sister.  Something came over me and I thought, heck I'll let them each out to look at the pretty flowers.  Of course, one was interested in the trees and the other wanted to check out the flowers.  The outdoor area there is big!  Many aisles to run down and possible packs of flowers to grab.  Did I mention that the trees are kept in these little bins with a rope across them to keep them together?  Well on a breezy day like Friday, those trees get to movin' and swayin' and a fallin'!  While I'm trying to make sure the trees are standing up and off of the three year old Emster, my other eyeball is straining to peripherally watch the wild child LB...

Suddenly, the hubs ran inside for a minute (can you say bad time for a full bladder?!)

Think Shelly think....

Hey girls, let's go pick out a thing of flowers for each of you to plant?

Yippee, if for a moment we're all on the same page--notice the for a moment part...

Each of the ladies chooses a thing of flowers then another, different thing of flowers.  LB suddenly throws (yes there was dirt all over the ground) her pot on the ground and runs around to the other side of the aisle.  Before I can catch up with her, she grabs a 
CACTUS! A Cactus kinda like this!
with itty bitty spines!
My little bean had like 300 little spines all over her hands!  Oi vey!
I scoop them both up and run to the ladies room, with the non-cacti-covered one, screaming-I don't have to go potty!  Yup no one is looking at us at this point...

We ended up going home to try to get the cactus spines out. 
 That was a stress-free car ride...
I attacked each hand with tape to hopefully pull them all out and wrapped the other hand with tape-in-waiting.
 Half a tape roll and a good bath soak later...I **think** I got them all out. 
The worst of it all?  When she cried the loudest and hardest?
When her hand was taped and she couldn't move it of course!  The spines didn't even bother her!  She's a wild, infectious, lovely, adorable child :)


coming up next, the stuff we actually planted...


0 comments: