Sunday, June 6, 2010

kitchen re-do time

. Sunday, June 6, 2010 .

So I've been putting if off long enough!  It is time to go over the kitchen re-do!  It's not finished (maybe never?), but I thought we'd go through it all together, shall we? Here are some pics of how we started...
can you see my editing efforts?  
Really it all started with the island

The sink had leaked and it had bunches of icky mold - gah-ross!
So, we decided to rip it out and the redo snowballed from there (granted budget issues stopped the full on kitchen makeover avalanche) 
We got some new and painted some of the old

Reminds me of an old girl scout song

buy new cabs, but paint the o-oollddd
One is one color and the other's bold

Anyone? Anyone?
chirp, chirp
Ok, I'm a wee bit off-track
So we took out the island

Yucky, messy, but fun destructo times were had by all!
Then we CAREFULLY moved the other cabinets


That went pretty smoothly!

 
oh, and we took out this green countertop

so there you have our 'first' steps.  

Granted, much time was spent deciding how to paint the old cabinets and what new cabinets we could afford loved.
It is amazing how many things you can lust after for your kitchen!
s:)


1 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. I can tell it's going to be fabulous!